Rise of Legends

Superhero's will unite.....or side against them as Supervillain's...

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Guess Who's Back: The Darkness Returns

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Shadowcat
Admin

PostSubject: Guess Who's Back: The Darkness Returns   Tue Dec 31, 2013 1:13 am

Everyone who was still involved in Shadow King's messed up games suddenly found themselves outside in the park. Looming in front of them was a purple plume of smoke that went up about twenty stories, out of the mist came the Shadow King. "I see you've all had some fun while I've been gone." He sneered before he threw a young red headed female down to the ground in front of them. "I hope you don't mind but I brought a little playmate who'll be joining the rest of you here." He stated as he sneered down at all of them.
--
Kitty looked up at the man in front of them, things had been slow going for her at least Wade was still nowhere to be found....though she knew in her heart that he would be far safer where he was. As the Shadow King spoke she tensed where she stood, she had a bad feeling that whatever was going to happen wasn't going to be pleasant. It had been a year and a half, most of the people who she had arrived with had left, Logan was still there but he was with Kara and their son James.
Back to top Go down
http://riseoflegends.forumotion.com
Supergirl

PostSubject: Re: Guess Who's Back: The Darkness Returns   Tue Dec 31, 2013 2:32 pm

When Kara was suddenly teleported to the park, her eyes narrowed as she held James close to her. Though it didn't take her long to figure out what was happening, for purple smoke started to form in front of her. This caused her to hold James even close to her and hid his face. As she watched Shadow King come out of the smoke, her eyes narrowed into hatred before shock when she saw Barbara. "Barbara!" She gasped out, before hearing Shadow King speak and throw her down in front of them. This made Kara's heart stop a little, she turned to Logan and gently gave him James who instantly his his face in his father's chest. Causing her to pet his head before looking at Logan. She saw how he understood in his eyes which made her nod as she made her way to Barbara and helped her sit up before resting her hands on her shoulder for comfort. "Hey.." Kara whispered gently to her before looking up at Shadow King, her eyes showing nothing but hatred.

"What are you doing here?" Kara asked viciously, not liking that she was seeing the one person she actually wanted to kill. She wanted to kill him for everything he had done to her, Logan, and everyone else. He deserved death, she didn't care about the no killing rule when it came to him. That's all she wanted she saw him, revenge. Revenge and nothing more. Plus it didn't help that she had to worry about her son's life now. Kara started shaking a little as she stared more at him. All her built up anger and hatred were finally being felt, and here she thought she felt numb to feel like this. Guess not..
Back to top Go down
Wolverine

PostSubject: Re: Guess Who's Back: The Darkness Returns   Tue Dec 31, 2013 3:33 pm

Logan looked around as him and his family were suddenly teleported to the park. He put his arm on around Kara as he saw the purple smoke, causing him to growl. When Shadow King appeared, with a red haired woman in his grasp, he looked at Kara when she called out a name. Barbara... her best friend from home? He thought, before Kara gave him James, who hid his face in his chest. He gave Kara a look of understanding, before she went over to her best friend.

"Figured you'd show your ugly face again." He said, keeping his growl to a minimum, not wanting to scare James.

--

Barbara hit the ground, which caused her to wake up. She sat up, with someone's help. She looked up and gasped when she was it was Kara who was helping her. "Kara...? How?" She said, in shock at seeing her best friend that had been missing for so long. She suddenly hugged her. "What happened to you? And my gosh! Your hair?! It's short!" She said, surprised, before realizing they weren't alone.

She looked behind her stared up at the large purple beast. "...........What... the hell?" She asked, before reaching for something from her belt. As she did so, she felt a shock from her neck. "Aaagh!" She shrieked, grabbing her neck. Even though her gloves she could feel the collar that was on her neck.
Back to top Go down
Shadowcat
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Guess Who's Back: The Darkness Returns   Wed Jan 01, 2014 2:11 am

Shadow King smirked down at them, "Why, I am merely over seeing things in my dimension." He said coldly as he sneered down at Kara.  His eyes moved to Logan and the baby in his arms, "My my my I see little James has grown...it won't be long before he gets a collar now will it?" He asked darkly before sneering down at Kara, "Tell me did you mourn your cousins death?  How long has it been since he died?" He asked mockingly before laughing cruelly and waving his arm almost lazily bringing a dark haired man into the group who was thrown next to Barbara.  "I didn't have that much fun with the fake one...so I thought I would bring the real deal here, I'm sure he'll enjoy his time here with the rest of you." He added with a cold laugh.
--
Kitty frowned as the man spoke to Kara like that, "If you're so strong then why don't you fight us?  Why make us fight other people if you're so strong?" She demanded as she stepped forward and glared up at him.  Kitty hated him for making everyone there suffer just so he could have his fun and games with them...it was cruel and not right. "You keep making people play in your little games but you're just a coward." She spat as she stared up at him.
--
Chloe shifted in place, she had remained quiet and had stayed near the back of the group her eyes only moving to seek out the major players of the conversation.  She wasn't able to hide her gasp however when someone she recognized was thrown towards the group, it was Bruce...the real Bruce.  After having been led astray by the other Bruce though she felt some restraint in her first impulse to be by his side.  Fighting down her fear she moved her way through the group until she was by his side but not quite where he could see her....was it really him?  Oh God she wouldn't be able to handle it if it wasn't the man she loved with her whole heart.
Back to top Go down
Supergirl

PostSubject: Re: Guess Who's Back: The Darkness Returns   Wed Jan 01, 2014 2:40 am

Kara immediately looked at Barbara when she went to grab something from her belt. She tried to stop her, but she had moved too fast and got shocked. This made her instantly feel bad, it didn't feel good seeing her best friend get shocked. "The collar around your neck shocks you if it can sense you are using your powers, or wanting to fight." She said before immediately looking at Shadow King when he spoke. Suddenly her comforting look turned into hatred as he spoke to her and sneered at her. Kara was now resisting the urge to burn him with her heat ray vision. But she needed to be calm for both her and her family. Though when he suddenly talked about James, Kara immediately looked at James and patted Barbara's back telling her she will be back. She then got up before she heard Shadow King speak about a collar, making her stand in front of Barbara, Logan, and James. "You touch him and I will turn you inside out!" Kara said viciously her body structure showing the signs of ready to fight. Something she wanted to do so much, she hated that he had just threatened her son who was only one year old.

Though it only got worse when he suddenly brought up Kal's death, causing her to close her eyes before opening them and walking closer to him. "Shut up." Kara hissed as she took one more step closer to him. She wasn't close, but she had a good chance getting a good punch in if he were to say anything else. But before she could think any more of it she suddenly saw his arm wave and saw Bruce appear only to be thrown next to Barbara. This caused her to turn around in shock before looking right back at Shadow King. "Why do you keep bringing people here! Don't you know they will only turn against you like the others? You really think bringing in more people would help you win? Sorry, but it's not going to work like that." Kara yelled out, clearly showing her anger. It was clear to everyone how angry she was, she had even heard Logan call out her name, but she ignored it. There was no way she was going to be able to calm down soon.
Back to top Go down
Wolverine

PostSubject: Re: Guess Who's Back: The Darkness Returns   Wed Jan 01, 2014 3:14 am

Logan felt James tremble in his arms as things got more heated. "Kara!" Logan called, knowing she was angry and upset, but he knew it wasn't going to do her any good to take on Shadow King.

"I'll tear ya limb from limb." He growled out, keeping a protective hold on his son. He called Kara's name again, wishing she would just walk away.

He looked over at Kitty and gave her a look. "You two have been around me too long..." He said, before looking at Laura. "Can ya?" He asked, nodding to James in his arms.

She nodded, before coming up to him to take James. "It's all right, buddy, Aunt Laura is going to hold you for a bit, all right?" He whispered to James, before transferring him to Laura. He nodded his thanks, before moving forward to Kara's side. "Kara, don't, you're doing what he wants." He said, to her, softly, but sternly.

---

"Great... and why do we have them?" Barbara asked, annoyed with the collar on her neck. She winced a little still feeling the pain on her neck still. She froze a little at what was being said.

Son? Kara has a son? Clark is... She shook her head, not wanting to finish her thought. "That's... that's not possible..." She whispered, before looking at Kara in shock.

She reacted when Bruce was thrown down next to her. "Bruce!" She said, turning Bruce over. She froze a little when Chloe appeared from the crowd, coming next to Bruce.

"Chloe?"

---

Bruce let out a groan, feeling someone turn him over. His eyes snapped open when he heard Barbara's voice say Chloe's name. His blue eyes went straight to the blonde who was beside him. He looked at her in shock, almost as if he wasn't believing what he was seeing.

He sat up slowly, not taking his eyes off of her. "Chloe...?" He said, lifting a gloved hand to her cheek, but not quite touching her, almost as if he was afraid she would disappear if he tried. He opened his mouth to speak, but words escaped him as his blue eyes searched her face, taking her in.
Back to top Go down
Shadowcat
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Guess Who's Back: The Darkness Returns   Wed Jan 01, 2014 3:35 am

Shadow King laughed and as Kara neared him gave her a chilling smile, "I wouldn't come any closer if I were you." He said as he stared at her with dark eyes. "Then again why not? I think this could be a lot of fun." He said with a little wink at her before he lowered his voice enough just for her to hear, "Your cousin tried that and it landed him in his grave." At his words Kara finally snapped and started to fly up to punch Shadow King only to be stopped by a red and blue blur that caught Kara before she could finish her move. As everyone in the crowd saw the blur became recognizable as Clark, "Like His Excellence said...I wouldn't do that." He said coldly. Everyone's eyes however were fixed on the slash marks that were visible against the right side of his face and the dark red of his irises, his outfit had been torn and had faded blood stains against the material showing signs of past injuries that he had had.
--
Kitty glanced over her shoulder at Logan and smirked just a little bit before she folded her arms and turned back to Shadow King. She wasn't prepared for Clark to appear out of nowhere, her eyes widened and she stared up at him dumbly. Her heart almost broke when she saw the condition Clark was in...this was not the Clark she remembered...sympathy welled up as she saw how seeing him affected Kara.
--
Chloe almost jumped when she heard Barbara's voice and turned in her direction, her eyes widened when she saw her she must have missed seeing her earlier. "Barbara?" She asked slowly before turning back around to look at Bruce as he said her name in a way that made her heart leap into her throat. "I.." She stepped back and away from his grasp even though it killed her to do that. She couldn't....she couldn't do it and then she froze when she saw what was going on ahead, tears in her eyes as she saw her best friend the one she had thought dead only feet away from her. "Clark?" She whispered hardly daring to believe it was him...seeing him and Bruce was making her feel faint and she looked down as she tried to take a few deep breaths to calm herself.
Back to top Go down
Supergirl

PostSubject: Re: Guess Who's Back: The Darkness Returns   Wed Jan 01, 2014 3:47 am

When Logan placed his hand on her shoulder, she looked at his hand and immediately loosened. The words he spoke made her close her eyes, but the emotions that were running through her told her to ignore him. He looked back at Shadow King after making it clear to Logan that she heard him, but she just couldn't listen to him right now. As her attention went back to him she heard the words Shadow King was speaking. Every word he spoke caused the anger in her build up even more. She kept listening and listening, and the more her hands tightened into a fist. Though when he suddenly spoke about Kal once more, she lost it. Kara moved out of Logan's gripped and flew towards Shadow King to punch him, not caring about the collar around her neck. She almost made contact until someone suddenly grabbed by her throat and stopped her.

"Let go you bas-!" Kara immediately stopped herself when she realized who it was. Her blue moonlit eyes widened as she saw Kal. His face scarred and the familiar red eyes Logan once had. This caused all of the hatred to wash off her face and be replaced by a horrified, frightened, sad expression. "K-Kal?" She asked out as the tears started to form in her eyes. "H-how?" She asked out as she gripped his wrist in a comforting way, finding it hard to believe who she was seeing. More tears fell from her eyes as she started to realize that Kal was now the second person taken away from her. "Kal." Kara whimpered out. "S-stop it's me, Kara!" She gasped.
Back to top Go down
Superman
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Guess Who's Back: The Darkness Returns   Wed Jan 01, 2014 3:58 am

Kal's eyes stared at her but with an unfeeling look in them, "Kal-El is dead." He said darkly his hand squeezing her throat even harder as he glared at her. "The person you cared for is no more." He said as he brought her closer to him and sneered at her as he studied her with no recognition in his gaze.
Back to top Go down
Supergirl

PostSubject: Re: Guess Who's Back: The Darkness Returns   Wed Jan 01, 2014 6:10 am

When Kal suddenly talked again and told her how he was dead, before squeezing her throat even harder, she let out a whimper as she stared at him even harder with her horrified expression. But when he had suddenly told her how he was no longer the person she cared for, she could feel her whole body loosen as her right knee bent a little and lifted up. Even her grip on his loosened. She immediately closed her eyes when he brought her closer to him, wanting to avoid the look he was giving her. Though it failed when she opened her eyes and looked at him, seeing a stare that she never saw on him. He wasn't like her cousin, he didn't speak like Kal, but she still couldn't believe it wasn't him. This made it even harder to look at him. The tears kept falling from her tears and it was clear to everyone she was fighting so hard not to break down. Now it was Kal who was taken from her. How many people would Shadow King take from her? What did she ever do to him, what did any of them do?

The sudden thoughts that raced through her mind caused her to look at Shadow King who seemed proud. And with a sudden, stupid, rash decision, she spoke, "I will kill you for this!" She whimpered out, trying to breathe as she did. "I will kill you, mark my words!!" Kara said, yelling the last word out to him, not caring if there was going to be hell to pay for it. She knew she couldn't back down, even if it killed her she knew she had to try somehow get her cousin back. She didn't care if she would end up hurt in the process any more, her family was in trouble and she needed to save them. No longer would she bow to Shadow King and let him go this time, oh no, this time she was going to fight until either one of them was dead. Kara no longer cared about her life, she only cared about the others.

She would fight from here on out!
Back to top Go down
Wolverine

PostSubject: Re: Guess Who's Back: The Darkness Returns   Thu Jan 02, 2014 12:09 am

Shadowcat wrote:
Shadow King laughed and as Kara neared him gave her a chilling smile, "I wouldn't come any closer if I were you." He said as he stared at her with dark eyes.  "Then again why not?  I think this could be a lot of fun." He said with a little wink at her before he lowered his voice enough just for her to hear, "Your cousin tried that and it landed him in his grave."  At his words Kara finally snapped and started to fly up to punch Shadow King only to be stopped by a red and blue blur that caught Kara before she could finish her move.  As everyone in the crowd saw the blur became recognizable as Clark, "Like His Excellence said...I wouldn't do that." He said coldly.  Everyone's eyes however were fixed on the slash marks that were visible against the right side of his face and the dark red of his irises, his outfit had been torn and had faded blood stains against the material showing signs of past injuries that he had had.
--
Kitty glanced over her shoulder at Logan and smirked just a little bit before she folded her arms and turned back to Shadow King.  She wasn't prepared for Clark to appear out of nowhere, her eyes widened and she stared up at him dumbly.  Her heart almost broke when she saw the condition Clark was in...this was not the Clark she remembered...sympathy welled up as she saw how seeing him affected Kara.  
--
Chloe almost jumped when she heard Barbara's voice and turned in her direction, her eyes widened when she saw her she must have missed seeing her earlier.  "Barbara?" She asked slowly before turning back around to look at Bruce as he said her name in a way that made her heart leap into her throat.  "I.." She stepped back and away from his grasp even though it killed her to do that.  She couldn't....she couldn't do it and then she froze when she saw what was going on ahead, tears in her eyes as she saw her best friend the one she had thought dead only feet away from her.  "Clark?" She whispered hardly daring to believe it was him...seeing him and Bruce was making her feel faint and she looked down as she tried to take a few deep breaths to calm herself.
Bruce looked at Chloe in shock when she stepped away from him. The fear in her face made his heart clench tightly; she had never given him that look before.

When he saw tears in her eyes while looking behind him, it was like everything else came into focus for him. He stared in shock at Clark holding Kara by the neck. "What in the world..?" He questioned as he stood up. "Kent, what happened to you?" He asked, before turning to look at Barbara who was standing up, look at Clark in shock.

She shook her head, staring at everything going on around her in shock. She saw Bruce about to reach for his belt, but she grabbed him arm, causing him to give her a look. "You can't... we're wearing collars that are connected to the beast... It will shock you before you can touch your belt...." She told him, looking grim.

Bruce's expression was hard as he stared up at who was one of the closest people to a best friend he has ever had, threaten his own cousin. He turned and looked back at Chloe and his face immediately softened at how she looked like she was about to faint. "...Help Chloe..." He said, softly to Barbara.

She gave him a questioning look. "...She's afraid of me, Barbara..." He said, softly, but his voice was tense. Barbara looked at him sadly, before she looked back at Chloe. She nodded, before walking over to Chloe, putting a comforting hand on her shoulder.

Barbara gave Chloe a comforting smile, having known the woman pretty well. Her gaze turned back to the action in front of the group when the guy who had been trying to get Kara to stand down called out her name again. She had noticed the connection between them and have even caught a glance of the rings on their fingers...

Her best friend was married... and had a baby...

Barbara couldn't believe all of this was happening, as Kara's husband growled at the beast that was standing before them, being protected by the Man of Steel.

"You sick and twisted bastard." Logan growled, at Shadow King, when Clark had appeared taking hold of Kara by the neck.

He growled, feeling nothing but hate for Shadow King. Kara was in danger and the one she was up against was her very own supposedly deceased cousin. The only one who even had a chance at fighting the Man of Steel was the very woman that was held in his grip. Logan was tired of feeling so... helpless as he watched his loved ones be threatened or hurt...

Kara had too much happen to her... First he was taken then brainwashed against her, then Tights is killed, and now was brought back to make Kara almost relive the experience she had when fighting Logan.

He growled, knowing the only way they had a chance of getting Clark back was if Kara fought him... But how the hell was she going to be able to do that if Shadow King was there, ready to deliver another blow from behind?
Back to top Go down
Gambit

PostSubject: Re: Guess Who's Back: The Darkness Returns   Thu Jan 02, 2014 12:39 am

Remy had been in the background, hiding behind a tree. He still didn't have a collar, so when one of Magneto's machines had picked up on Shadow King, Remy was sent out. He had a more personal hate for Shadow King after this past year had gone on...

He had lost Rogue in one of the Arena battles, all because of the monster that had them trapped... The moment things got hectic with Kara flying to attack Shadow King and then her supposedly dead cousin appears, Remy got ready with his cards.

The moment everyone's eyes were on the flying pair, Remy lit up one of his cards and threw it at them. Once it was in front of the Man of Steel's face, Remy let it explode, causing Clark to let go of Kara in surprise.

Remy smirked behind the tree, bringing his quarter staff out, knowing they were about to know his location.
Back to top Go down
Shadowcat
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Guess Who's Back: The Darkness Returns   Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:04 am

As soon as Clark was forced to release Kara he whirled on the one responsible and flew towards him at incredible speed and lifted him up in the air. "That was a bad mistake." He growled and was about to snap his neck but paused when someone yelled at him, "HEY! Why not pick on someone your own size?" Kitty had moved to the front of the group and was glaring up at Clark. Clark flew down to her level still with Gambit in his grip, "You are hardly my size." He stated with a cruel smirk. Kitty rolled her eyes, "Well duh but this hot head is really not worth snapping his neck over. Cut us all some slack, we've been stuck here for years watching some of the people we care about die. I realize you don't remember that but we do and I'd rather not watch another friend of mine die." She stated flatly watching him with narrow eyes. With a grimace Clark released Gambit, "You've only earned him a few more months if that." He said coldly before he flew back up to join the Shadow King.
--
Kitty let out a sigh and put a hand on Gambit's arm, "You ok?" She asked quietly before she folded her arms and glared at him, "You could have gotten yourself killed, what were you thinking?" She demanded as she glared at him refusing to back down.
--
Chloe hated how she was pulling away from Bruce and looked over at Barbara, "I'm sorry." She whispered before she looked up at Clark it killed her to see him threatening his friends like this....it reminded her of too many times when he had been under the influence of Red K.
Back to top Go down
Supergirl

PostSubject: Re: Guess Who's Back: The Darkness Returns   Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:21 am

When Kal had let Kara go she immediately dropped onto her knees and stayed there in silence. She knew what was going on, she could hear the commotion, but she couldn't look up. Even if she made a vow to get her cousin back, she still couldn't believe that Shadow King had taken her cousin. She just wanted to stay there and register everything, not wanting to become surprised any more. It was clear all over her face she was so tired of seeing the ones she loved get hurt. Kara let a few more tears fall from her eyes before she looked up when she heard Kitty talking to Kal. She watched how Kitty was able to buy Gambit more time. She watched how Kitty helped Gambit before he looked at her. Kara gave him a gentle nod, thanking him for his help before she turned around to look at Kal. She stared at him, watching his cold stare as he watched everyone else. He wasn't even looking at her any more, he was acting as if she didn't exist any more! And the more she stared, the more she wanted her cousin back.

Kara immediately jumped onto her feet and flew towards Kal, not caring if she was getting shocked. She grabbed his suit and flew him into a tree where she pinned him. "Snap out of it Kal! This is not who you are! Please snap out of this, and remember who you are! Please Kal, you are the only family I have that is left of Krypton. Please!" Kara yelled, tears streaming down her cheeks as she shook him at times. "Please Kal, I can't lose you!" She said as she stared straight into eyes, wanting to see some sort of improvement. Kara needed her cousin back, she wanted to see who he really was. The more he looked at her coldly, was the more she just wanted to keep going. "Please.." She whispered as the hope in her eyes started to fade.
Back to top Go down
Gambit

PostSubject: Re: Guess Who's Back: The Darkness Returns   Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:18 am

Shadowcat wrote:
As soon as Clark was forced to release Kara he whirled on the one responsible and flew towards him at incredible speed and lifted him up in the air.  "That was a bad mistake." He growled and was about to snap his neck but paused when someone yelled at him, "HEY!  Why not pick on someone your own size?" Kitty had moved to the front of the group and was glaring up at Clark.  Clark flew down to her level still with Gambit in his grip, "You are hardly my size." He stated with a cruel smirk.  Kitty rolled her eyes, "Well duh but this hot head is really not worth snapping his neck over.  Cut us all some slack, we've been stuck here for years watching some of the people we care about die.  I realize you don't remember that but we do and I'd rather not watch another friend of mine die." She stated flatly watching him with narrow eyes.  With a grimace Clark released Gambit, "You've only earned him a few more months if that." He said coldly before he flew back up to join the Shadow King.  
--
Kitty let out a sigh and put a hand on Gambit's arm, "You ok?" She asked quietly before she folded her arms and glared at him, "You could have gotten yourself killed, what were you thinking?" She demanded as she glared at him refusing to back down.
--
Chloe hated how she was pulling away from Bruce and looked over at Barbara, "I'm sorry." She whispered before she looked up at Clark it killed her to see him threatening his friends like this....it reminded her of too many times when he had been under the influence of Red K.

Remy didn't even get a chacne to blink, let alone use his staff before Superman had him by the neck. remy let out a strained chuckle at his statement. "I've been told I'm pretty good at making those." He said, smirking as he felt Superman tighten his grip on his neck.

If this is the end... Let someone say I was a good man... That I died trying to help save everyone... He thought, before he heard a familiar voice that spoke up. He looked over at Kitty, staring at her in shock. Was she crazy?

Remy winced when Clark flew down to her level. He didn't know how she did it, but somehow she convinced the Man of Steel to drop him on his butt and let him live. He started coughing, rubbing his neck as Kitty put her hand on his arm.

He chuckled hoarsely, after she scolded him right after she asked him if he was all right. "I was just acting on instinct, Chere, you know me." He said, giving her a smirk, before she helped him up. He glanced over to Kara and saw her give him a gentle nod. He returned the gesture, before sighing. He looked back at Kitty.

"And what were you thinking, Chere? He could have killed you just as much as he could have killed me." He asked, still not believing how she stood up to him that way and saved Remy's ass...

"Nonetheless," Remy said, before taking her hand and kissing it. "I am in your debt, Miss Pryde." He said, sincerely.

----

Barbara looked at Chloe with concern, before hugging her. "Shh... We'll figure this out..." She said, referring to both the Clark and the, apparent, Bruce situations.

She mentally winced when she heard Kara go after Clark again, pleading with him to come back to her. She slowly turned her gaze to them, feeling her own heart heavy while watching the exchange.
Back to top Go down
Superman
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Guess Who's Back: The Darkness Returns   Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:40 am

Kitty flushed and pulled her hand away before sighing, "I didn't want to see you die, you're a good friend Remy even if sometimes you don't think things through." She added as she glanced back at him.  Her heart was still pounding from the encounter with Clark...she hated how she had been with him but she knew he wasn't himself and that saddened her, "Just promise me you'll think of the comsequences before you try something like that again." She added as she looked over at him.
--
Clark grabbed her arms and kept her pinned before he stood up and held her up, "You really need to stop flying head first...you could get hurt." He stated cruelly as he started squeezing her by the neck.  He sneered down at her as she gasped for air his eyes flicked past her to husband, "You don't want them to see you die do you?" He asked before he tossed her to the ground and then knelt by her side, "Like I said before, the Kal-El you know is dead." He stated before he brushed past her and flew up to join the Shadow King.
--
Even as a part of her heard Barbara, Chloe looked up at Clark and stared up at him until he looked down at her with an unreadable look on his face.  "It won't be ok....being here only makes everything worse." She said her voice filled with dread before Clark flew down right in front of them.  "I haven't seen you for awhile....Especially Barbara and Bruce here." He stated as he glanced over at Bruce.  A knowing smile lit up his features as he glamced between him and Chloe, "Just wait till you hear her sob story....you won't want to be near her after you've heard it." He said with a wink at Chloe.  He moved towards Chloe and slung an arm around her shoulders, "So what was it like being a little whore for three men anyway?" He asked loud enough for everyone to hear.  Chloe's face was bright red but to her credit she kept her posture errect and firm while she stared straight ahead.
--
As Clark flew down to talk to Chloe, Shadow King moved to land by Kara, "You know I think he's so much better now then he was before...so much tougher don't you think?" He asked mockingly as he sneered down at Kara. "Who knew that under that annoying All American Boy was a true fighter...he might be my greatest triumph...pity you don't appreciate alll that hard work." He added with mock sadness.
Back to top Go down
Supergirl

PostSubject: Re: Guess Who's Back: The Darkness Returns   Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:18 am

Kara immediately stared at Kal in shock once he grabbed her neck as he held her up in the air. She listened to his words, and the more she did, the more it felt like a knife to her heart. She went to beg him to stop, but he had suddenly squeezed her neck, causing her to cough out as she tried to breathe. Kara had to resist the urge to dig her nails into his wrist, she didn't want to hurt him. She didn't want to fight him, but the more she cut off her air supply the more her body told her fight back. But she still didn't fight back, she would never hurt him. No matter how much he would beat her, she would not fight. Though, when he suddenly threatened Logan and James, Kara looked at him as if he just killed her. Her whole expression turned into one of disbelief and betrayl. Did he really just threaten them, didn't he love James? Didn't he help her take care of him when Logan was under control of Shadow King? This made Kara's heart stop and become numb.

Kara gasped for air when he tossed her to the ground, causing her to immediately cough. She gasped and wheezed as she could finally breathe again. But before she could really catch her breath, Kal was next to her, making her freeze. She listened to his words, words that were another blow to her heart. Kara went to respond but he was gone the moment she looked at him. Causing her attention to follow him before looking down as she started to cry. Every word he had spoke to her had seemed to get through her toughness, she felt so helpless. She didn't know what to do to get him back. But she knew she would have to fight him soon, which hurt. It was she had to do with Logan, and it was probably something she would have to do to Kal as well, something she feared for.

Though, before she could think of it any more, she heard a familiar voice causing her freeze. She listened to Shadow King, each word felt like alcohol on a burn. She wanted to cry, but somehow her anger was taking over the mourning side. It wasn't until the very last sentence did she lose it. Kara's head fell more, her hands digging into the ground as they turned into fists. Kara was fighting the urge to punch him, but more she heard his voice, the more she just wanted to shut him up. Finally she could hear no more of his voice and the words he spoke.

Kara suddenly got up quickly, quicker than she had ever been before. She turned around, looking like air as she immediately went straight for Shadow King. Her fist immediately made contact his his face, before she suddenly shot his heat ray vision at him. "Shut up!" She yelled, wincing as she could feel the shock around her neck. But she ignored it and went after him again. Kara flew after him and punched him again, she punched him about four times before she sent him flying through ten trees. It was obvious her powers grew. "First you make Black Queen take control over me, then you take control of my husband, you threatened my child, and now you took my only living relative I have left from Krypton! And you think I won't ever come for you, to kill you!? Oh you are so wrong!" Kara yelled, letting the anger inside of her take over. All she wanted right now was his head! She let out a cry before she flew at him again.
Back to top Go down
Gambit

PostSubject: Re: Guess Who's Back: The Darkness Returns   Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:42 pm

Remy looked at Kitty with probably the most serious face he had ever shown her. "I had thought things through, Kitty..." He said to her, knowing full well he could have died from doing that.

He gave her a small smile at her concern. "You are my angel, Chere, and it's hard to remember there are still ones who care, no?" He asked.

---

Bruce and Barbara couldn't believe what was coming out of Clark's mouth. "Watch what you're saying, Kent." Bruce practically growled out, walking up to him. "This is one of your childhood best friends you're talking about. I don't know what the hell happened to you, but I know this isn't how you see your best friend. Clark, snap out of it!" He said, grabbing the man by the shoulders and getting in his face. "... Your mother would be disappointed in you for the words that have come out of your mouth..." He said, grimly, hoping the thought of his mother would bring him back, at least a little.

Barbara put a hand on Clark's shoulder, causing him to look at her. "Clark, please, we're your friends... We've been looking for you, Chloe, and Kara for so long, please come back to us." She pleaded, believing the man she had grown close to in the past was still in there...

He had to be...

---

Logan was mentally cursing as he was forced to stay frozen in place. He had started running over to Kara the moment Clark let go of her, but all of a sudden his body stopped moving. He was growling and was trying to move, before finally being released when Kara surprised Shadow King by attacking her. He ran over to where Shadow King had been thrown to, bringing out his claws despite the pain from the collar.

He cursed when Kara got to him before he did. He wanted Kara to stop fighting him, they needed to regroup and figure out a plan...
Back to top Go down
Shadowcat
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Guess Who's Back: The Darkness Returns   Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:33 pm

Kitty frowned even deeper, "Then you obviously didn't think that someone might have cared if you had died." She snapped.  She had seen enough people die here and she couldn't lose another friend especially one like Remy who had been the only person there for her after Wade had left.  At his second words she softened but only by a little, "I guess so, just try not to forget next time." She said quietly as she stared at him.
--
Chloe almost shrank as Clark tightened his grip around her shoulders before sneering down at Bruce, "My real mother is dead Bruce just like yours." He said snidely before he released Chloe and shoved Bruce to the side harshly.  "Besides I don't want to change now....this is who I really am and its time you all realized that." He snarled, his eyes landing briefly on Barbara as he gave her an almost pitiying look before his eyes hardened again and he flew off towards Kara and Logan. Chloe watched him fly off with tears in her eyes, she had been deeply hurt by his words and hearing him taunt her only reminded her of her failures. He had been right though she had willingly slept with at least two men even though they had both pretended to be Bruce at one point. She backed up and bumped into Bruce and gave him a wide eyed look as she hastily stepped away from him, the shame in her eyes now showing.
--
As Shadow King landed he brushed himself off and snorted, "Always out to prove themselves....pathetic." He growled under his breath before he appeared in front of Kara.  "My you have quite the temper." He said before he grabbed her roughly by the chin, "You know I think I could give your son that collar sooner then planned if I really wanted too, who knows maybe I'll do it when you're all asleep.  That would be a pleasant surprise wouldn't it?" He asked cruelly as he tightened his grip on her face in a manner that would be sure to leave marks.  "Since you have displeased me I think I'll make a point." He added before he used the remote and started to shock her bad enough that she was writhing on the ground in pain right in front of Logan.  As Clark landed next to him he put his hand on his shoulder, "I think its time to say lights out Kara." He said coldly before nodding to Clark who picked up Kara by the hair and slammed her face first into the ground hard enough to leave her badly dazed and almost unconscious.  As she lay there Shadow King stepped back, "I do believe this is where I leave...before I forget however I have some new people here who will be at Mansion waiting for you." He said with a smirk before he vanished in a plume of smoke with Clark.

Last edited by Shadowcat on Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Supergirl

PostSubject: Re: Guess Who's Back: The Darkness Returns   Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:48 am

Kara had immediately stopped when Shadow King disappeared, only to back up when he suddenly appeared in front of her. Her moonlit eyes glare at him, before grabbing his wrist when he grabbed her chin and forced her to look at him. She tried to get him off of her, but he had been using all of his strength to keep her still. She continued to glare at him, before letting the glare hardened as he started threatening James once more. "You won't touch him!" Kara said cruelly, before closing one of her eyes as he gripped her chin harder. Even when he threatened her son, and started to threaten her she kept the fight in her eyes stay. There was no way she was going to let him affect her. He could torture all he wanted, but he would not hear her scream, and he will not see any weakness from her any more. She was weak once, and that was the last time she would be weak. She mentally said sorry to Batman, knowing he had objections when it came to killing someone. But it was the only way she, and everyone else would be able to stop him. If they didn't kill him, he would continue doing this, and it wouldn't be pleasant.

After Shadow King's threat, Kara's eyes immediately to look at the remote in his hands. Instantly knowing what it was for, her eyes went back to him to give him one last fighting glance before she suddenly felt the shocks. This caused her to close her eyes as she fell to her knees and started to shake in pain. Though she refused to scream, she refused to let the pain get to her. Even though her body was clearly showing the pain, her face showed a different expression. Kara forced herself to look up at Shadow King, her right eyes closed as she bit her bottom lip, making it bleed. It was clear she was fighting, fighting to win. She was even pushing herself off the ground to keep her from falling down and giving up. Her body screamed for her to just lay down, but there was no way she was going to do that. For her to do that would mean that he'd have won.

Kara kept this up even when Kal went to Shadow King's side and listened to what he told to him. Which Kal agreed to before walking over to her. Kara looked up at Kal all of the way, before wincing as he grabbed her hair. She closed her eyes and grabbed her hair, still fighting not make any noises that would show weakness and that she was in pain. She opened her eyes one last time to look at Kal, getting one more glance of him. Kara saw his scar on his face, his red eyes, and the coldest stare she'd had ever saw on his face. This was the last she saw of him before he suddenly slammed her face into the ground, causing her vision to flash white as she bit her lip even harder to keep herself from screaming. Though, she suddenly couldn't move, the whole world around her was spinning. It was clear she was almost knocked out, but she had been able to hold on. Thank god she was just as strong as Kal or else she would've been knocked out, or worse, killed.

Kara laid there, breathing hard as she moved her head to look up at the two, hearing Shadow King's last words before vanishing with Kal. This made her hand go out and call for Kal, but it was too late, he was gone. This made her moonlit eyes form tears before closing them as she looked down and started to push herself off of her stomach. Not caring if it wasn't a good idea to do so. But the moment she was on her knees and keeping herself up with her hands, she froze and stayed in that position as everything started to flash through her mind. Right now, Kara wasn't herself. All that was in her mind was how she wanted revenge. She didn't even care about the pain from her lip, body, and her neck. She didn't even pay attention to the blood that fell from her bottom lip and neck.

"Kal.." She whispered out in pain.
Back to top Go down
Gambit

PostSubject: Re: Guess Who's Back: The Darkness Returns   Sat Jan 04, 2014 10:36 pm

Logan ran over to Kara's side and immediately took her in his arms. "Kara..." He said, holding her. He glared at the area that Shadow King and Clark had last been... He couldn't believe this was happening, that Tights was alive and under Shadow Kings control...

He had no doubt that they could save him... He just needed to get Kara going at him with her full strength, hopefully a good knock to the head will bring the Clark they knew back.

---
Remy gave Kitty a small smile, before kissing her hand. "I won't forget, Chere, not again." He said, honestly. He was honestly surprised that some people still cared about him, even after Rogue was gone. It always felt to him that everyone tolerated him just for Rogue's sake.

He looked up at the fight going on and as Superman and Shadow King disappeared, Remy's heart went out to Kara, knowing it was hard losing the ones you love... Even harder when they are being controlled by an evil force.

---

Bruce stared at Clark in shock at his words, before he was pushed aside. Bruce regained his balance and his face turned cold as he watched Clark fly off. He couldn't believe that this man was Clark. Maybe the man he knew was gone...

When Chloe stumbled into him, his immediate reaction was to hold her, but when she stepped away from him with shame in her eyes, his gaze softened. He knew she was both upset with what Clark had said and what had happened to her with her time here....

He was more then ever determined to get Clark back, knowing Chloe needed it and he couldn't let him stay that way...

In the past Clark didn't give up on him... So why should Bruce give up on Clark.

Barbara's heart clenched when she saw that look in Clark's eyes. It was brief and his eyes hardened quickly after, but she knew she saw it. The Clark Kent she knew was still in there...

And she was going to get him back...
Back to top Go down
Shadowcat
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Guess Who's Back: The Darkness Returns   Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:36 am

Kitty bit her bottom lip as Remy kissed her hand yet again and blushed hotly before slowly pulling her hand free.  "Well yeah...you're one of the few people I can talk too here that really understands me." She admitted before she turned to look as Clark and the Shadow King disappeared.  She felt terrible for Kara and Logan but she knew that Kara loved Clark and would possibly do whatever it took to free him.  "I really wish we weren't here though." She said quietly as she studied the area.
--
Chloe wanted nothing more then to fling herself into Bruce's arms, not just for her but because she had seen how Clark's words had hurt him.  On the other hand she didn't want to give him mixed signals inwardly debating within herself she slowly reached out and touched his hand.  "I'm sorry about Clark...what he said about you was awful." She said quietly, her first concern largely being that Bruce would be all right.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Guess Who's Back: The Darkness Returns   

Back to top Go down

Guess Who's Back: The Darkness Returns
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1